|BASIC Wadiah Current Account-i
|A basic current account that gives you the convenience of managing your account by providing cheque book facility
- All Malaysian citizens or permanent residents, 18 years and above (personal or joint accounts)
- Non-individuals such as small and medium enterprises is also eligible
- The initial deposit requirement is RM500-00
- Deposits received are invested in accordance to the Shariah principles and the return of investment may be given to customer as Hibah (profit), at the Bank's discretion.
- Hibah (if any) is credited into the customer's account every month.
- Cheque book facility.
- Free monthly statement.
- Free Bankcard/ATM card. For joint account, only one Bankcard/ATM card will be issued.
- A half yearly service charge of RM10-00 will be levied on the basic current account with an average balance of less than RM1,000-00 during the half year period
- No Cashline Facility-i (CLF-i) can be granted under basic current account
- No fees will be imposed on cheque books issued, except for the stamp duty levied
- No overdraft facility will be granted to customers
- Accessibility to ATM and Public Bank/Public Islamic Bank branches throughout Malaysia.
- Easy access to the account via PBeBank.com
- Standing Instruction facility
Terms & Conditions Apply
This is an eligible deposit covered by PIDM.
|How to open a Current Account?
|1. To open a current account, an introducer is required. The introducer must have the following criteria:
- The introducer can be an individual or non-individual (eg. company, partnership, etc.) who maintains a current account with Public Islamic Bank/Public Bank for more than 12 months.
- Maintains good track record with no Biro Maklumat Cek offences.
- Must not be a bankrupt.
When opening a current account, you are required to fill up an Account Opening Application Form and request your introducer to sign in the introducer column accompanied with the Company's Rubber Stamp (if the introducer is a company).
|2. Documents required to open a current accounts are as follows:
- Identification Card/Passport of all individuals operating the account.
- For a non-resident individual, he/she must produce a valid work permit or a student pass/letter of referral from a college/institute.
- Business Registration Certificates (Form A & B)
- Business License (Form D)
- Identification Card/Passport of parties operating the account
c) Private Limited Companies
- Certificate of Incorporate
- Business License
- Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Latest Form 24 & Form 49 (Companies Act, 1965)
- Resolution of the Company's Board of Directors (duly certified by the Chairman and the Secretary of the Company) specifying:
- Appointment of Bank and Branch to open account.
- Names and specimen signatures of Officials/Directors.
- Method of signing (Mode of Operation) and endorsing cheques, bills and promissory notes.
- Authority to overdraw the account.
- Specimen of Chop or Rubber Stamp of the Company.
- Undertaking by the Company to notify the Bank via certified Resolution of all future changes affecting the Mandate.
- Identification Card/Passport of parties operating the account.